STILL WATERS

LILLI || Seas have always fascinated me. There is something about the feeling of sailing, swimming or even scuba diving in such a huge bo...

LILLI || Seas have always fascinated me. There is something about the feeling of sailing, swimming or even scuba diving in such a huge body of water that thrills me. It always has, which is no wonder I was often called a "vesipeto" (water beast) when I was a little child. I can spend hours just sitting on the edge of a dock and stare far into the horizon. That's when and where I feel totally peaceful and at home. Perhaps it has something to do with the era of vikings and when they roamed around Scandinavia - although Finns never were vikings, but one can always dream, right?! 

Even during the day when I took these photos, I was sitting in the backseat of our boat just staring away into the distance taking in every view of the abundant sea in the Finnish archipelago. It was a bleak day and the stillness of the water was mesmerising. Looking at it, it felt like time stopped and we were sailing in another world or stuck in limbo. It was an exciting, yet eerie, feeling; something that you have to experience yourself to understand it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments